- Associated Press - Thursday, January 6, 2011

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Part of the Las Vegas Strip was shut down and a man was hospitalized after officials say he fell in an acid that leaked during delivery at a resort hotel.

A Wynn Resorts spokeswoman says the man was a visitor but not a guest at the posh Wynn hotel.

Clark County spokeswoman Stacey Welling says that about 200 gallons of sulfuric acid leaked when a pipe broke during delivery just after 8 a.m. Thursday for use in a Wynn water feature.

Welling says paramedics treated the man and he was taken to a hospital in stable condition.

She says county and city firefighters were able to quickly neutralize most of the acid.

Police closed Las Vegas Boulevard and parts of Fashion Show Drive and Spring Mountain Road during the cleanup.

 

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide