- Associated Press - Friday, July 15, 2011

LOS ANGELES (AP) - TNT says it’s canceled Ray Romano’s award-winning series “Men of a Certain Age” after two seasons.

Calling it a “difficult decision,” the cable network said Friday the show failed to attract a big enough audience despite its excellence. “Men of a Certain Age” averaged 2.7 million viewers for the episodes that concluded this month.

The show received a prestigious George Foster Peabody award earlier this year and was lauded for combining humor and poignancy. This week, series co-star Andre Braugher received an Emmy nomination as best supporting actor in a drama series.

Romano, Braugher and Scott Bakula played three longtime friends each facing middle age and various life crises. Romano, the former “Everybody Loves Raymond” star, co-created “Men of a Certain Age.”

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide