- Associated Press - Saturday, May 14, 2011

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - Sean O’Hair says he and Rory Sabbatini talked by telephone the week after their profanity-filled argument on the golf course in New Orleans and they are ready to move on.

The next move is how the PGA Tour chooses to respond. It does not make public any discipline.

O’Hair said after his second round Friday at The Players Championship that Sabbatini sent him a text last week asking O’Hair to call so they could talk it over.

“He apologized and I apologized,” O’Hair said. “Life goes on.”

According to multiple players and officials, the New Orleans incident was the second time this year that Sabbatini has run into trouble because of his behavior on the golf course. At the Northern Trust Open in February, he is said to have spoken harshly to a teenager volunteer who was trying to help him find a lost ball.

O’Hair has not said publicly what triggered their argument in New Orleans, only that it was not about slow play.

“I wish I would have handled it better,” he said. “I could have waited until after the round.”

Sabbatini said he “resolved” the issue with O’Hair and the last thing any player wants to face on the golf course is tension with other players. Sabbatini shot a 71 on Friday and was tied for 11th, four shots out of the lead. O’Hair made the cut for the first time in six tournaments after rounds of 71-71 and was eight shots behind.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide