- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 31, 2011

NEW YORK (AP) - A TV daredevil and the Empire State Building’s owners have settled a $12 million lawsuit over his April 2006 parachute-jump attempt.

Court records show the building owners’ civil case against stuntman Jeb Corliss was closed last week.

Corliss lawyer Mark Jay Heller says it was settled on confidential terms. A lawyer and a spokeswoman for the skyscraper’s owners did not immediately respond to telephone and email messages Tuesday.

Heller says Corliss is pleased with the resolution.

In 2006, authorities said Corliss got into the building wearing an elaborate disguise that concealed a parachute and later tried to leap from the 86th floor. He was convicted of a misdemeanor reckless endangerment charge.

He used to host a Discovery Channel program called “Stunt Junkies.”


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide