- The Washington Times - Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The mother and aunt of a 6-year-old boy killed in a Lewisdale house fire Sunday have died, a fire official said Tuesday.

The mother, Simone Anne Munroe, 36, died Monday afternoon and the 61-year-old aunt, Janet Assing-Macklin, died Tuesday morning at a hospital. They were being treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire started at about 3:45 a.m. Sunday in a home in the 2400 block of Griffen Street. It is believed to have been caused by an overloaded power strip, Prince George’s County Fire/EMS spokesman Mark Brady said. Omari Noel, 6, died from his injuries that morning.

A fourth resident, the boy’s grandmother, escaped.

The family has established the Munroe Family Memorial Fund to help offset the damages caused by the fire, and the Lewisdale Elementary School will host a fundraiser on Thursday.



Click to Read More

Click to Hide