- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 24, 2012

OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — Five people are dead in Prince George’s County of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

County fire spokesman Mark Brady said the five people were found Tuesday inside a home in Oxon Hill.

Two of the people were found by a family member who showed up at the house to check on the occupants’ welfare. Firefighters responded and found three additional bodies.

Mr. Brady said firefighters detected extraordinarily high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. A normal carbon monoxide reading is 0 to 5 parts per million, he said; the reading taken at the one-story Oxon Hill home was 550 parts per million.

Cpl. Mike Rodriguez, a police spokesman, said there was no immediate indication of any foul play.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide