- The Washington Times - Monday, February 13, 2012

Ten people at an apartment building in Southeast D.C. were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning Monday afternoon, fire officials said.

Around 1:30 p.m., someone called to report the smell of gas inside an apartment building at 2460 Wade Road in the Barry Farm neighborhood, the District’s Fire and EMS Department spokesman Oscar Mendez said.

The building was evacuated and 18 people, including five children, were evaluated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning, Mr. Mendez said. Of the 10 people hospitalized, three were children. At least one person was taken to the hospital in serious condition.

An investigation is underway to determine the source of the carbon monoxide but officials think it may have come from a leak in the basement.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide