- Associated Press - Friday, June 15, 2012

WEST ALLIS, WIS. (AP) - As the IndyCar Series searches for a race to replace its recently canceled event in China, Texas Motor Speedway has taken itself out of the running.

In a statement, track president Eddie Gossage said there were too many issues and obstacles to add a second IndyCar event and promote it successfully. The track hosted IndyCar last week, and has a NASCAR race in November.

Gossage says, “We couldn’t justify dividing resources between the two events to make it happen and it would be an injustice to both due to the scheduling.”

IndyCar CEO Randy Bernard says he appreciates Texas’ willingness to consider adding a race, and series officials continue to speak with various tracks to find the right venue.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide