- Associated Press - Tuesday, September 4, 2012

GLENARDEN, Md. (AP) – The Prince George’s County fire department said a Glenarden family of five was taken to a hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide.

Fire department spokesman Mark Brady said family members awoke Monday morning with complaints of headaches and nausea and called 911. Mr. Brady said firefighters and paramedics responded to the family’s home on Reicher Street and evaluated them. The family, including parents and three children, were taken to a Baltimore hospital and were in good condition.

Firefighters detected a high level of carbon monoxide in the home. Mr. Brady said firefighters shut down the home’s natural gas furnace and water heater and ventilated the house. Mr. Brady said officials believe that the carbon monoxide leak was caused by one of the two appliances.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide