- The Washington Times - Thursday, December 19, 2013

Katie Couric’s syndicated television talk show has been canceled, Disney/ABC Television Group and the host announced Thursday.

“While production will continue on ‘Katie’ through June 2014, we’ve mutually agreed that there will not be a third season of the show,” they said in a joint statement, the Los Angeles Times reported. “We’re very proud of everyone’s contributions to making Katie the #1 new syndicated talk show of 2012-2013, and we look forward to the rest of the season.”

According to the Times, ratings for the show had been less than stellar, with the show failing to attract younger viewers that advertisers pay a premium to reach.

“In the end, the decision to pull the plug was largely based on economics,” The Times said. “The handwriting has been on the wall particularly since last month, when Yahoo! hired Couric, 56, as its ‘global anchor.’ The Internet company is looking to boost its credentials as a news organization.”

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide