- The Washington Times - Monday, October 21, 2013

A Tennessee man was found dead and his wife unresponsive in their RV while camping out at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama on Saturday, and police believe a carbon monoxide leak was responsible.

Talladega County Coroner Larry Seals said the couple was most likely using a gas stove, which had a faulty exhaust system, to heat up their motor home, The Associated Press reported.

A man also drowned in a nearby creek at Talladega back in May, making this the second fan death this year, AP said.

The wife has been hospitalized in Birmingham, Ala.

Their identities have not been released.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide