- Associated Press - Monday, April 14, 2014

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) - A Twin Falls man who was charged with kidnapping, raping and trying to strangle a woman in December has pleaded guilty to violating a no-contact order after the defense found surveillance video of the two holding hands and shopping during part of the time when she said the attack was happening.

The Times-News reports (https://bit.ly/1nn1K0E ) 39-year-old Steven Ray Stone pleaded guilty Friday in exchange for dismissal of the other charges and a recommended probationary sentence. He has spent 133 days in jail and is to be sentenced on June 2.

Stone told District Judge Randy Stoker he had been living with the woman at the time she had a restraining order against him. Stoker reminded Stone the no-contact order remains in place.

Court records say Stone has been convicted of numerous misdemeanors for harassing the woman.

___

Information from: The Times-News, https://www.magicvalley.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide