- Associated Press - Monday, April 14, 2014

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A Portland Fire and Rescue spokesman says oily rags left out in the sun caused a Monday afternoon fire that burned two houses in southwest Portland.

Lt. Rich Chatman says no residents were home and pets were able to escape unhurt.

Chatman says the fire started in oily rags left on a wooden deck. He says they should have been placed in a metal trash can with a lid.

One house sustained heavy damage while the second was partially damaged. No dollar damage figures were immediately available.

Chatman says the explosions reported by 911 callers are believed to have come from propane tanks.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide