- Associated Press - Monday, April 14, 2014

SEATTLE (AP) - Authorities say a natural gas explosion at a North Seattle motel critically injured a man in his 40s.

The blast Monday blew the door off a room at the Klose-In Motel in the 9300 block of Aurora Avenue North.

The Seattle Fire Department reported natural gas as the cause of the fire and said damage was estimated at $55,000. The man was transported to the burn unit at Harborview Medical Center.

The Red Cross of Western Washington was helping find temporary housing for 41 people displaced by the explosion.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide