- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 22, 2014

WEYMOUTH, Mass. (AP) - Authorities say two adults and two children were hospitalized after a car left running in an attached garage filled a Weymouth home with dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.

A relative called firefighters after stopping by the house at about 9:30 a.m. Monday and finding a couple in their 70s as well as children ages 10 and 7 feeling ill.

Deputy Chief Paul Hammond says firefighters measured the carbon monoxide levels in the house at 496 parts per million. Anything more than 10 parts per million is considered dangerous.

Hammond tells The Patriot Ledger (https://bit.ly/1k2ZJGg ) a car had accidentally been left running in the garage. The car had run out of gas by the time firefighters arrived, which likely saved the occupants’ lives.

The home did not have carbon monoxide detectors.


Information from: The (Quincy, Mass.) Patriot Ledger, https://www.patriotledger.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide