- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 23, 2014

LLOWELL, Mass. (AP) - An 11-year-old Lowell girl was taken to a hospital after her hair got caught in a toaster and she suffered serious burns to her forehead.

Police tell The Sun (https://bit.ly/1rjV7hR ) that emergency crews responded to a home at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday after getting a 911 call.

Firefighters and EMT’s treated the girl at the scene before she was taken to Lowell General Hospital.

Authorities say two to three inches of burned skin was visible on the girl’s forehead, and some appeared to be peeling.

Police say the girl suffered second- or third-degree burns.



Family members told police the girl was looking down into a toaster that was in use when her hair got stuck.

___

Information from: The (Lowell, Mass.) Sun, https://www.lowellsun.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide