- Associated Press - Thursday, April 24, 2014

EUCLID, Ohio (AP) - A suburban Cleveland fire department has taken to social media to credit a woman with saving two disabled neighbors from a fire in their apartment.

The Euclid Fire Department said in a Facebook posting Wednesday that the woman neighbor managed to get the residents out after a grease fire broke out in their apartment. WKYC-TV (https://on.wkyc.com/1rnU4M0 ) reports that one of the residents was in a wheelchair and the other was an elderly woman on oxygen.

The woman, who wasn’t named, lived upstairs. Firefighters said she evacuated the residents from the smoke-filled apartment before they arrived.

The fire department’s Facebook post lauded the woman “for her quick reaction and response….This neighbor selflessly risked her life to save her neighbors. We would like to thank her for the bravery she exhibited tonight.”


Information from: WKYC-TV, https://www.wkyc.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide