- Associated Press - Monday, February 10, 2014

DERRY, Pa. (AP) - Investigators believe an electrical problem may have sparked a fire that destroyed a popular western Pennsylvania restaurant.

The fire was reported about 11 p.m. Sunday at the Cheese House on U.S. Route 22 in Derry Township. That’s about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Nobody was hurt in the fire, though two firefighters suffered minor injuries from falling on ice as they battled the fire in subfreezing temperatures.

Local firefighters say the restaurant has been open under various owners since the late 1960s.

It’s long been a popular roadside attraction on the heavily traveled highway.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide