- The Washington Times - Monday, February 17, 2014

A college student in the Spanish capital of Madrid entered a comatose state early Sunday after he ate a birthday cake laced with marijuana, officials said.

Nine other students, all males between 18 and 22 years old, were hospitalized for irregular heartbeats after ingesting the cake, The Associated Press reported.

The comatose man wasn’t responding to stimuli when he was admitted to a Madrid hospital, but he later recovered consciousness, city emergency services spokesman Javier Chivite told AP.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the pot cake directly led to the man’s comatose state, or if he had underlying medical problems.



Click to Read More

Click to Hide