- Associated Press - Sunday, February 2, 2014

WEST JORDAN, Utah (AP) - A Utah couple who ran a carpet cleaning business has died from carbon monoxide while working at a home.

Police say 37-year-old Maria Lopez-Landaverde and 43-year-old Joselito Solorzano of Orem died Saturday night after being found unconscious by firefighters.

Investigators say carbon monoxide levels reached a lethal amount in the West Jordan home after the couple pulled their carpet cleaning van into the garage and kept the van and equipment running with the garage door shut as they cleaned the carpets.

Police say there wasn’t enough ventilation in the home and the couple died after they were taken to Jordan Valley Hospital.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide