- Associated Press - Saturday, February 22, 2014

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Authorities in Philadelphia say a space heater may have caused a house fire that killed two elderly people.

Firefighters arrived at the blaze in the city’s Kingsessing neighborhood around 10 p.m. Friday.

The victims’ bodies were found on the second floor of the two-story rowhouse.

Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says firefighters found several electrical heaters inside. Investigators say the home didn’t have working smoke detectors.

The Red Cross says it assisted two families from neighboring houses that were damaged.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide