- Associated Press - Monday, February 24, 2014

TOWN OF ARCADIA, Wis. (AP) - Sheriff’s officials say 13 people were overcome by carbon monoxide when a charcoal grill was used inside a home in Trempealeau (TREMP’-eh-loh) County.

Dispatchers received a call about an unknown medical condition at a home in the Town of Arcadia late Sunday afternoon. First responders found seven adults and five children suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide. Some were unconscious.

Authorities say a police officer who responded was also overcome and was treated and released from a local hospital. Three helicopters and five ambulances were dispatched to the scene to transport the injured. Their conditions are not immediately known.

Investigators say it appears the occupants were using the grill in the kitchen for heat.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide