- Associated Press - Monday, February 24, 2014

LONDON (AP) - Veteran British radio and television personality Dave Lee Travis will appear in court again in March despite being cleared of a dozen counts of indecent assault earlier this month.

Although the jury in that case found the 68-year-old innocent of a series of alleged assaults against young women, it failed to reach a decision on one count of indecent assault and another of sexual assault.

On Monday prosecutor Miranda Moore told London’s Southwark Crown Court that officials want a retrial on the two outstanding counts.

Travis is a radio DJ and former host of TV music show “Top of the Pops.”

Speaking after he was acquitted of most of the counts on Feb. 13, Travis said he had experienced “a year and a half of hell.”


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide