Jamie Lee Curtis frantically called 911 on Tuesday night for a friend apparently suffering from a drug overdose, TMZ reported.
Miss Curtis was trying to drive her friend to the hospital when she decided to call for emergency assistance instead. Paramedics responded at about 9 p.m. in Venice, Calif., and found the woman passed out in the back seat of the actress’s car.
Sources told TMZ that the woman had mixed alcohol with some kind of prescription medication.
The woman was taken to a nearby hospital and released hours later.