- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 4, 2014

LIVERMORE FALLS, Maine (AP) - Two people have been hospitalized and a dog has died in a house fire at a Livermore Falls home.

Fire Chief Tim Hardy says the injuries are not considered life-threatening. Their names were not immediately made public, but he says they were relatives of the home’s owner.

The mobile home blaze was reported at about 3 p.m. Monday. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find the home fully engulfed.

Hardy tells the Sun Journal (https://bit.ly/1nMItqQ ) the fire started on the stove, but investigators are not certain if it was a cooking fire or started by something left inadvertently on the stove.

A state fire investigator plans to talk to the couple to get more information.

About 30 firefighters from Livermore Falls, Jay, Livermore and Wilton responded.

___

Information from: Sun-Journal, https://www.sunjournal.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide