- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 5, 2014

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities say a man in his 70s is dead after his unattended stove started a fire in his Glendale apartment.

Glendale Fire Department investigators believe the fire began about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday after the man started cooking and left the meal unattended.

Fire crews extinguished the flames and contained the blaze to the kitchen. No other apartments were affected.

The man lived alone in the apartment. His name hasn’t been released yet.

Investigators say there’s nothing suspicious about the fire and it appears to be accidental.

The cause of death will be determined by the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide