- Associated Press - Saturday, February 8, 2014

SUITLAND, Md. (AP) - Prince George’s County fire officials say a 6-year-old girl has died after becoming entangled in window cords.

Officials say the child was found unconscious in a Suitland home on Saturday after getting caught up in cords attached to window coverings.

A family member tried reviving the child as did emergency workers. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The child’s name was not immediately released.

Officials say children ages 5 and under are especially vulnerable to strangulation by window covering strings and cords.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide