- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 15, 2014

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Fire authorities in Jackson have ruled that a fire that destroyed the city’s maintenance shop Jan. 9 started by accident.

Investigators tell WAPT-TV (https://bit.ly/1iX3PhU ) they believe the fire at the Jefferson Street building began in the electrical wiring of an exhaust fan, then was fueled by paint and other materials stored there.

No one was in the building when the fire broke out and no injuries were reported.

It took more than 40 firefighters about two hours to put out the blaze. The building was declared a total loss.

___

Information from: WAPT-TV, https://www.wapt.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide