- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 15, 2014

DUBOIS, Pa. (AP) - A state police fire marshal determined a central Pennsylvania house exploded because of a propane leak in the basement.

Troopers from the DuBois barracks say the blast Monday afternoon caused about $250,000 damage to home in Sandy Township, Clearfield County. That’s about 90 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.

The residents, Michael Myers and Deborah Priddy, were home when the explosion occurred, but were able to escape and were treated only for minor injuries at DuBois Regional Medical Center. Two dogs died in the explosion and resulting fire.

The couple heated the home with propane. The storage tank was outside the house, but gas lines carried the fuel inside for the furnace and clothes dryer.

About 75 firefighters responded to the blaze about 2:30 p.m.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide