- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 22, 2014

CANTON, Texas (AP) - Investigators have blamed a deadly East Texas house explosion on a propane gas line accident.

Van Zandt County Fire Marshal Chuck Allen on Wednesday identified the victim as 63-year-old Rita Armstrong. The explosion happened late Sunday afternoon at a rural home southwest of Canton.

Allen says the fire was accidental as the result of a partially open uncapped propane line at the residence.

Authorities have said the woman was home alone at the time of the explosion.

Canton is 50 miles southeast of Dallas.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide