- Associated Press - Thursday, January 23, 2014

ADDISON, Ala. (AP) - Investigators say a space heater may be linked to a fire that killed two people in northern Alabama.

The Cullman Times (https://bit.ly/KMikbV ) reports 72-year-old Jennette Cagle and 70-year-old Terry Cagle were killed when their mobile home in Addison caught fire early Jan. 12. A 14-year-old girl who lived with the couple was the only survivor and escaped the blaze.

The state Fire Marshal’s office has been probing the blaze and says the cause hasn’t been officially determined. However, investigators believe the fire started with flammable materials that were left too close to a space heater.

Fire Marshal Ed Paulk says these types of fires are common during the winter months. Paulk says more than half of the state’s fires related to home heating are reported between December and February.

___

Information from: The Cullman Times, https://www.cullmantimes.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide