- Associated Press - Thursday, January 23, 2014

DONALSONVILLE, Ga. (AP) - State fire officials say an electric space heater that was left too close to a sofa has been linked to a blaze that killed a south Georgia man.

Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said Thursday that the fire that killed 53-year-old Dezra Jones, of Donalsonville, has been ruled as accidental. Donalsonville is about 65 miles southwest of Albany.

Hudgens says the man’s home was destroyed in the early morning fire.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide