- Associated Press - Monday, January 27, 2014

BOARDMAN, Ore. (AP) - Regulators will not penalize the Oregon Potato Co. because of an incident in which an electrician was burned while working on a 480-volt panel.

An accident report filed by Oregon Occupational Safety &?Health Division and obtained by the East Oregonian newspaper (https://is.gd/W0q7LQ ) says 54-year-old John Talbot was trying to secure an electrical box onto a new chiller unit in storage when he hit a live electrical switchboard.

The electrical shock sent Talbot to the hospital in October, but he has since returned to work part-time.

Investigators determined that Oregon Potato provided appropriate training and necessary equipment.

Based in Boardman, Oregon Potato grows and processes potatoes and other vegetables.

___

Information from: East Oregonian, https://www.eastoregonian.info


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide