- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 28, 2014

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - Authorities are crediting a dog with alerting occupants of a Bismarck home that the house was on fire.

The Bismarck Tribune reports (https://bit.ly/1jY12Wa ) that firefighters responded to the blaze late Friday night.

Authorities say the occupants of the home were alerted of the fire by a pet dog.

The fire is estimated to have caused about $15,000 in damage.

The fire started in a garbage can where ashes from a fireplace were discarded.

___

Information from: Bismarck Tribune, https://www.bismarcktribune.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide