- Associated Press - Friday, January 31, 2014

VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) - Investigators believe an early morning fire at a Vancouver duplex was apparently started accidentally by candles in the unit where power was shut off two weeks ago.

Both residents were safely outside when firefighters arrived about 2:30 a.m. Friday at the duplex in the Bagley Downs neighborhood.

Battalion Chief Dave Seabrook tells The Columbian (https://bit.ly/1hXNzfM ) firefighters paid for a taxi ride to a motel room the Red Cross is providing for the two.

Their apartment is a total loss, but damaged to the attached unit is minimal.

___

Information from: The Columbian, https://www.columbian.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide