- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 12, 2014

EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Officials say a dog may have saved its owner’s life by waking him up during an early morning fire in East Providence, R.I.

Firefighters tell WPRI-TV (https://bit.ly/1cQ9mZ5 ) that the 50-year-old man may not have survived if his dog, Liberty, hadn’t started licking his face as his mattress burned. Authorities say there were no working smoke alarms in the home.

Officials say the man was sleeping when his laptop computer apparently overheated and started a fire at about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. Firefighters say the man suffered minor burns.

The man’s name hasn’t been released.

The dog wasn’t hurt.

___

Information from: WPRI-TV, https://www.wpri.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide