- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 12, 2014

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Investigators say a fire that killed two people at a home in north Minneapolis was accidental.

The Minneapolis Fire Department says the fire was caused either by smoking materials that ignited love-seat cushions or by an electrical source.

Firefighters were called to the fire at the single-family home just before 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Crews quickly put out the fire in the living room. While searching the house, then found two people dead in a bedroom. Their names were not immediately released.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide