- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 12, 2014

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Fire officials in Boise say rescuers carried an inebriated tenant from a home after fireworks set a living room chair on fire.

Boise Fire Battalion Chief Steve Rasulo tells the Idaho Statesman (https://bit.ly/1dQdBSc) the rescue took place about 9 p.m. Tuesday.

Rasulo says a neighbor saw smoke and pounded on the man’s door but got no answer and called 911.

Firefighters entered the smoke-filled apartment and found the man on the bed and carried him out. Paramedics checked him over and released him at the scene.

Investigators say an older piece of furniture in the living room had been ignited by fireworks and was smoldering.

Rasulo says the man could have died of smoke inhalation or burns if the neighbor hadn’t alerted authorities.

___

Information from: Idaho Statesman, https://www.idahostatesman.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide