- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 12, 2014

MENTOR, Ohio (AP) - Good Samaritans stopped at a house fire in northeast Ohio in time to carry a wheelchair-bound woman to safety.

It happened Tuesday afternoon in Mentor, east of Cleveland.

David Roach tells The (Willoughby) News-Herald (https://bit.ly/1hbGwix ) that he another employee of the county engineer’s office were driving by when they saw smoke and flames coming out of the home.

Roach used his two-way radio to alert authorities, as a person across the street yelled that somebody was still in the burning house.

Roach forced the door open and within minutes he and others were hoisting a wheelchair-bound resident out of the house. Roach said the woman and another resident were apparently in shock and not making their way out.

Nobody was hurt. The fire apparently started in the attic.


Information from: The News-Herald, https://www.news-herald.com/jrc-html/index/index_p33.html

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide