- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WASHINGTON (AP) - Authorities say a construction worker was seriously injured in a chemical spill at a northwest Washington aquatic center and the high school next door was evacuated as a precaution.

Fire department spokesman Tim Wilson says an acid spilled at the aquatic center in northwest Washington on Wednesday morning when the pipe the man was working on ruptured. He was taken to an area hospital

Wilson High School, which is next door to the aquatic center, was not affected, but it was evacuated as a precaution. Officials say students and staff were taken to another school nearby and were sent home because it wasn’t safe for them to return to their school.



Click to Read More

Click to Hide