- Associated Press - Sunday, March 16, 2014

BAKER, La. (AP) - A Baker family has been displaced from their home after a man fell asleep while frying fish and the oil caught fire, burning most of the kitchen before spreading to the attic.

The Advocate reports (https://bit.ly/OkSFcT ) firefighters responded about 9 p.m. Saturday and quickly controlled the fire before it spread to the rest of the home.

Baker Fire Department spokesman Howard Ward says no one was injured and the Red Cross responded to help the displaced family.

Ward says the fire caused about $10,000 in damage, and the utilities had to be disconnected from the home.

___



Information from: The Advocate, https://theadvocate.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide