- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 19, 2014

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A college student pulled from a house fire in North Dakota by a roommate has died at a Minneapolis hospital.

The parents of Matthew Heisler, of Lakeville, say their 21-year-old son died Tuesday at Hennepin County Medical Center. Authorities in Grand Forks, N.D., say the fire Sunday in an off-campus house at the University of North Dakota was accidental, caused by unattended food left cooking on a stove.

Officials say roommate Ryan Nelson came home to a smoke-filled house, pulled Heisler out and performed CPR. The St. Paul Pioneer Press (https://bit.ly/1fGXIdx) says the 21-year-old roommate was treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation and released.

Jared and Cheryl Heisler say that their son’s organs have been donated in accordance with his wishes. Heisler was a graduate of Lakeville North High School.


Information from: St. Paul Pioneer Press, https://www.twincities.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide