- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 19, 2014

GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) - Officials say a natural gas leak prompted the evacuation of a Greenville hotel.

Firefighters were called to the Home-Towne Suites late Tuesday morning after carbon monoxide detectors set off an alarm.

Greenville Fire-Rescue Battalion Chief Shannon Terry says carbon monoxide levels in the two-story building were rising when firefighters arrived.

Greenville Utilities determined the carbon monoxide levels were rising because of a natural gas leak.

Terry said gas to the building was turned off and the hotel will be closed until equipment is repaired.

She said none of the residents or employees showed any symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The residents were taken to another hotel.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide