- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 25, 2014

TOWN OF CALEDONIA, Wis. (AP) - An 82-year-old man has died in a house fire in east-central Wisconsin.

Waupaca County sheriff’s officials say Wayne Tesch did not make it out of the house. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by smoke inhalation.

Tesch’s 77-year-old wife, Joyce, was taken to the hospital. She was treated for smoke inhalation and released.

Firefighters say the fire in rural Fremont started around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday. Firefighters from Fremont and the Town of Dale responded. The fire appears to be accidental and is not considered suspicious, although investigators are still trying to figure out how it started.

Family members tell WLUK-TV (https://bit.ly/1dnI4ZT ) the house was a remodeled schoolhouse. The family’s dog also died.



___

Information from: WLUK-TV, https://www.fox11online.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide