- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 26, 2014

GREENFIELD, Ind. (AP) - Quick action by firefighters stopped flames coming from a parked ambulance from spreading to rest of a central Indiana fire station.

Greenfield Fire Chief James Roberts says smoke alarms alerted firefighters to the blaze late Monday inside the department’s downtown station.

Firefighters pushed the burning ambulance from the building to avoid further damage until the blaze could be put out.

Roberts tells the Daily Reporter (https://bit.ly/1p5kCCD ) that the fire in the 13-year-old ambulance was likely caused by an electrical problem. The fire ravaged the engine compartment of the ambulance, which was declared a total loss.

Roberts says the department is getting a leased ambulance until a new one arrives.

Apart from a smoky smell, the fire station didn’t have any damage.

___

Information from: (Greenfield) Daily Reporter, https://www.greenfieldreporter.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide