- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 26, 2014

ASHVILLE, Ohio (AP) - Authorities say a woman trapped in an upstairs bedroom by a house fire has died at a central Ohio hospital.

The Circleville Herald (https://bit.ly/1gpp5ha ) reports that 54-year-old Valerie Kay Gregg died Tuesday at a Columbus hospital after being pulled from the burning house in Ashville the previous day.

Harrison Township fire Chief Eric Edgington tells the newspaper that Gregg was overcome by smoke after calling 911 and had to be resuscitated at the scene before being transported.

Investigators believe the fire was electrical and may have been sparked by an extension cord plugged into a heater outside of Gregg’s bedroom.

Edgington said there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

___

Information from: Circleville (Ohio) Herald, https://www.circlevilletoday.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide