- Associated Press - Sunday, March 30, 2014

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - Authorities in Fargo say a heat lamp used to keep some pets warm at a detached garage in Fargo caused a fire that killed a dog.

Fargo’s fire department assistant chief Le Roy Skarloken says 12 firefighters, three engines, one truck and one command vehicle responded to the fire that started around 1:45 a.m. Sunday.

He says the blaze damaged a detached double garage in the alley behind a home. Two cats escaped the fire.

The fire department is urging residents who use supplemental heating devices to make sure they are secured from being tipped over and kept at least three feet away from any combustibles.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide