- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 4, 2014

SHELTON, Neb. (AP) - The State Fire Marshall says an electrical problem was the cause of an overnight fire that destroyed a south-central Nebraska farm house.

Hastings television station KHAS-TV says (https://bit.ly/1gPuNWO) says the fire destroyed the rural Shelton house, but that the family living there was able to escape uninjured.

Shelton is about 25 miles southwest of Grand Island.

Shelton firefighters responded to the call just before 9 p.m. Monday, and it took them until 2 a.m. to extinguish the blaze.

Fire Chief Marlin Schroeder says crews were hindered after the second floor collapsed. Four tankers were needed to bring water back and forth to the country home.

___

Information from: KHAS-TV, https://www.khastv.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide