- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 5, 2014

KEENE, Texas (AP) - One man has been hurt in the fiery explosion of a North Texas house where the victim said he left a tank of propane near a lit fireplace.

The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday said 68-year-old Patrick Lawrence is recovering from burns. Investigators are trying to determine whether the propane caused Tuesday night’s explosion at a home near Keene, about 25 miles south of Fort Worth.

Sheriff Bob Alford says deputies answered a 911 call about a house engulfed in flames. Lawrence later told deputies that he put a tank of propane near the lit fireplace but couldn’t immediately explain why. Lawrence says he went into the kitchen and then the house exploded.

A spokeswoman for Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas says Lawrence was in good condition Wednesday.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide