- Associated Press - Thursday, March 6, 2014

COLCHESTER, Vt. (AP) - Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael’s College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide